Friday, March 15, 2013

Oats Idly Upma with Sprouts and Spring Onions

This afternoon I was in no mood to make normal lunch and neither wanted to order food from outside. While raiding my food shelf, I spotted the MTR Oats Idly mix I had brought some days back, hence decided that this would be my lunch. 3 idlies were leftover...
 
Around 5:00 p.m. I had this severe hunger pang and I remembered that 3 idlies were there from the lunchtime. Deciding to make something exciting with them, I thought of making Idly upma by adding more than the usual dose of veggies (Usually the only veggie added is Onion).
 
 
 
Ingredients:
 
Idly: 3 pcs, broken finely
Sprouts: handful
Capsicum: 2 inches long, cut into thin slices
Onion: 1 medium, cut into thin slices
Curry Leaves: 10 leaves
Spring Onions: Chopped, handful
Mustard: 1/2 tsp
Hing: 1/2 tsp
Dosai Mulagaipodi: 1/2 tbsp
Coriander leaves: little for garnishing, finely chopped.
Oil: Sesame or Olive 1/2 tbsp
Salt: to taste, I didn't add any salt as the idly and Mulagaipodi already had the required salt.
 
Preparation time 10 minutes, Cooking time - 8 minutes.
 
 
 
Method:
 
In a wok/kadai, add the oil. Once heated, add the mustard and hing. When the mustard starts to splutter, add the onions and saute for 2 mins. Ensure that the onions are crispy. Now add the Capsicum and Sprouts and saute for another couple of minutes. Now add the curry leaves and spring onions and saute for another minute. Its time now to add the Idly and Dosai Mulagaipodi and mix well. Leave it on the gas for another minute. Garnish with coriander leaves and the Healthy snack is ready to be eaten.
 
Note:
 
This dish doesn't usually require a chutney to go with, but you can choose to serve this with any Chutney or Tomato sauce.

6 comments: